This Kanga I recently bought gets hot enough that I won't set it down on a
cloth-covered surface (like a bed or... my lap!). Software reports
temperature as anywhere between 150F and 180F. Here's how I handle it:

1. Since it's a 3400 case design, it has the "spring-down" feet in back. I
use them. Keeping the rear of the machine elevated helps a lot.

2. I put two old Zip disk cases, stacked vertically, securely positioned
under the front of the machine. This means the bottom of the notebook is
wholly elevated from the surface below.

3. I bought one of those cutesy little "teeny fans" and set it very near the
machine.

This, or a similar solution, might also help the heat problem on a TiBook.
CoolPads look like another effective option. For this machine, the trick is
just not to let the bottom of the machine rest wholly on a surface for too
long when it's running full-tilt boogie workouts. Otherwise, after a few
hours, it starts to smell like you're cooking popcorn.
--
Best,
Burkman