How is he connecting to the PC network? If it's ethernet which I presume it
is, he may cure some of his problems by opening the network control panel
and typing "local." without the quotes but with the period in the DNS Search
(optional) window. Sorry, I can't test it at my work, the IT Nazi's won't
even allow a Mac in the front door.

Joe Ellis
Electric Boat Corp.
___________________

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?" - Will
Rogers

____________________

writes:

> << on 30/08/02 08:05, Geoffrey Parker at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I'm posting this on behalf of my brother who recently purchased a new G4
> > 'Book for use at work on the PC-only network there.  I don't know all
the
> > sordid details but let's just say that he was able to make things work
"OK"
> > while using 10.1.5;  Entourage was part of the network and the world was
> > nice place.  He moved up to 10.2 yesterday and encountered major
problems.
> > Entourage will not even run now when he is on the network.  If he
> > disconnects from it...Entourage works fine.  He has tracked down all
sorts
> > of bizarre  ideas (corrupted this..corrupted that..replace this or that)
and