In a message dated 9/6/02 8:59:52 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I would mind if they used the standard PC architecture, because I truly
think Apple would die because of it. I don't think they make enough revenue
from their software. OK...so they sold 100,000 copies of Jag in their first
weekend, or was it 150? Either way...not enough to support them. They would
have to seriously downsize, and that would lesson quality. >>
   Wait a minute.  I remember reading an article that said  Bill Gates made
more profit selling Office for Mac X   than Apple made profit selling the
computers to run that software on.  Maybe the profit is higher on the
software side. (Which would explain why Microsoft gets so bent out of shape
about software piracy.)
                        Paula