on 09/20/2002 7:18 PM, Greg Burkman at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On 20/09/2002 17:07, "Clark Martin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> 9.1 is fine with a 7500, that's what I'm using.  More than likely the
>> 9.1 isn't the retail version but a machine specific version.  If so
>> it is designed to only install on a select group of machines,
>> including the machine it came with.
>
> Seconded. I set a friend up with a beige G3 that was given to him, and
> that's the problem we ran into with 8.1.
> --
> If you can read this, you've gone too far.
> Best,
> Burkman
> ICQ 62393161
> "If the American dream is for Americans only, it will remain our dream and
> never be our destiny." -- Ren'e de Visme Williamson

OS 9.1 installed fine on my 7500, too. But not on the 8500. I bought OS 9.1
from Apple directly. It did not come on the machine. It couldn't have. The
7500 and 8500 machines came with 7.5 or so. I've had 9.1 install on the 7500
with a Sonnet Processor installed - on a clean hard drive! I won't tell if
you won't. ;-)
Someone suggested that it could be an LED problem? The little connector on
the board that the LED cable plugs into is bent up slightly. Is this a bad
thing?