Same problem as Laurent.  It seems to happen after
power quality problems (lightning, brownouts, etc),
and if I reconnect my Powerbook without having turned
off Appletalk while using it on the road.  Still
generally good experience with this adapter, if you
don't mind unplugging it occasionally, and it's the
only good way to make my HP LaserJet 4MP (which I
love!, localtalk only) work on my ethernet network.
It's been around 8 years, and aside from some
squeaking, it just keeps on printing and printing and
printing, and everything seems to work with it.  I
would steer clear of anything LaserJet 5, though - bad
experiences with every one we have at work.  Not
nearly as reliable as the 4 series.

- Jeff Lentz

--- Laurent Daudelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>