>> The battery on my wife's Lombard will not charge. I assume the
>> adapter's OK
>> because the computer will run on it. Is this assumption wrong? Might
>> there
>> be some way to solve the problem short of replacing the battery?
>
>Try resetting the Power Manager
>
>http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449
>
>If that doesn't work you are probably facing one of three options
>
>Replace Lombard DC/Charge PCB
>Replace Battery
>Replace AC adapter.
>
>It would be helpful if you could see if your battery charges in another
>Lombard.
Unless there's evidence to the contrary (e.g., recent purchase), I'd
assume the battery's dead. The Lombard/Pismo LiIONs only last a couple of
years. My first battery lasted 2.5 years (as opposed to my old 5300 and
190 NiMH batteries which are still going strong, 7 years on!).

Cheers,

RD

Remy Davison
Contributing Editor/News Editor, Insanely-Great Mac
<http://www.insanely-great.com> mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
RD's PowerBook page:
<http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/seagate/536/index.html>