On Tuesday, October 28, 2003, at 09:38 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

After the "Time Remaining" in the Control Strip goes down to 0:00, I still
get another 20 to 30 minutes of battery life. I'm running OS 9 on a 333mhz
Lombard. It's not really a problem but kind of annoying. I haven't noticed
any of that before, although it was probably just because I haven't been
paying much attention to it. Does anybody else have that problem? I'm
going to upgrade to OS X sometime during the next month (when I have time)
so I'm hoping that will solve the problem.

I'm having just the opposite problem on my Wallstreet. The control strip will say I have 2hrs and odd minutes, and within a few seconds, the screen will dim, and the "battery warning" will pop up, and a few seconds later it will shut itself down. I go from maybe 2.5 hours down to nothing in minutes. And that's with no CD-rom, modem, or ethernet use. I have used battery reset many times and it doesn't make any difference. Oh yes, when it shuts down like this, if I press the button on the battery, I get one flashing LED, so it seems like the computer isn't properly reading the battery.