Hey there,
    As most of you know, I'm that guy who still claims apple had it right in
OS 7.6...
Having said that, I might be ready to take the plunge into mac OS X!

A little history:
When i bought my quicksilver last summer, it had 10 on it... but it never
started up right and eventually took 4 complete wipes and the decision that X
was evil before I could actually use my wonderful new computer. Granted, I
hate 9, but i hate it less than X.

    Now, i wont even consider putting X on my QS, but I will try it on my
bronze. As I have pretty much shunned X, I am somewhat (and it is hard to
admit, being such a mac fan that I am) out of the loop as far as X is
concerned. So, i am hoping that you guys can give me as much info as I need
to keep my laptop from exploding, or me from taking a large magnet to my hard
drive.

    Here's what I'm working with

10.1.5, not jag.
a 333 bronze
216MB ram
4 gig HD, (I'll partition like so: 2gig for X, 500 for 9, and 1.5 for
docs/music)

    I would appreciate personal experience, especially using photoshop (in
classic.. grr).

And finally, If I adopt X, I really want to exploit all of its features such
as the terminal. I'm pretty much a power user (I must have 5 or 6 copies of
resedit on this comp and MPW, code warrior, mac os bugs, etc.) So  if you can
send me some info on navigating with terminal, it would be much appreciated.
if you would ratehr send me any terminal commands off list, that will work
too. ( =

Thanks everyone ( :
-Dylan