Hiya, this will <hopefully> be my 4th LEM list Ive been on in all my mac
days..didnt bother with my performa 6320 - would have been more like...
group therapy.

Time fo me to get a laptop, specifically a Powerbook < ima poor mac owner >.
I really wanted to get a Blueberry ibook to go with my Blue and White G3/G4.
but the 300mhz / 66mhz  kinda disapointed me.  Im going to be doing a bit of
music processing software and a bit of gaming as well and need the speed <
as much as a mac can deliver =( >   ...having turned down free peecee's at
different times, I seem to be a sad case and have learned to accept the
sufferages of being a mac-man. BUS SPEED is my largest peeve with apple
<other than their  upgrade-crippling practices they hold to so strongly >

That being said,  I love my mac's  =) and love 'em even more when cheaper pc
parts fit =)

my Questions are:

I havent much $  so as usual I am going to have to build what I need.  but
what to start with as a base model...?

my theory is to start with a Wallstreet G3/250 or 292 because of the faster
bus speed < 83 as apposed to 66 >   I eventually plan to drop a 400+mhz
upgrade into it <upgrades is where I am most ignorant> Ive done some
research and noticed that some of the upgrades are different  depending of
the buspeed of the model. Im wondering if the upgrade for a 66mhz model
compensates to the point that it is the same end-performance as the same
speed upgrade in a 83 mhz model through the different cache's used.?

also  are there upgrades that I can do myself or do all the processors have
to be sent to the upgrader to be manipulated.?

are the processors (OEM's) swapable across the board or just within their
families.? <wallstreet.Lumbar,pismo>

Im looking for the least expensive way to end up with a zippy little G3/400+

also are there usb and/or firewire upgrades for wallstreets that need them.?
also what is my ceiling as far as video cards/memory goes?

all-in-all  Id suffer with the 66mhz inside of a Blueberry  if there is a
way to upgrade the processor...anyone now if there is?  I know they finially
came up with a way to do it to the imac, but cant find so with ibooks.

Thanks in advance,  and hope to be seeing ya soon =)
Ralph