WARNING ! WARNING !
        I proceeded to install OSX 10.2 on an external firewire
drive.  The external drive had 3 partitions.  The internal drive of
the FlowPow iMac had three partitions and was running OSX 10.2.
         I selected the option in OSX that provides for complete
erasure of the old system before installing.
        The install disk rebooted from the CD ----  EVEN THOUGH THAT
WAS NOT NECESSARY --- because the internal drive was already 10.2 and
I only wanted to upgrade the  external disk.
        The install disk---WIPED OUT MY ENTIRE INTERNAL Drive BOOT
PARTITION !!!!
        Even though it only installed 10.2 on the external drive
--and it did not touch any of the other partitions, it wiped out the
entire 10.2 internal partition and did not install anything on it =.
        Furthermore, It reformatted the 10.2 partition with the old
HFS formatting!?!   I tried everything (New Norton, Old Norton,
Diskwarriors ) to find anything on this partition and it was so
completely wiped I couldn't recover a single file.  And then I had to
completely reformat the partition to install system 10.2 all over
again !?!
        THIS IS A HUGE and SERIOUS INSTALLATION BUG.
        THE LESSONS:
        1)   if you want to do a clean install---do it cleaning  manually.
        2)  Use extreme caution installing 10.2 one computers with
multiple disks.