On 10/16/02 12:02 PM, "Jeremy Derr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:

> On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 12:42 PM, Clyde Kahrl wrote:
>
>> WARNING ! WARNING !
>> I proceeded to install OSX 10.2 on an external firewire
>> drive.  EVEN THOUGH THAT
>> WAS NOT NECESSARY --- because the internal drive was already 10.2 and
>> I only wanted to upgrade the  external disk.
>> The install disk---WIPED OUT MY ENTIRE INTERNAL Drive BOOT
>> PARTITION !!!!

> beyond this.... i install OS X 10.2 onto external firewire drives on a
> daily basis, wiping the original content. I have not once run into what
> you're describing.

I have done it as well.  Just recently I installed 10.2 on a 30gb external
2.5" drive.  Not a hitch.  Are you sure you didn't *accidentally* select the
wrong drive to install it on??
Kyle H. Hansen
Apple Certified Technician
Apple Solution Expert