Hi All,

Last week I ordered a 256M low profile module for my wallstreet from
OWC. I already have 256M in the upper slot. I recieved aa 256M 133MHz
module. In theory this should work. But upon install I got a bus error
on boot. I took the machine apart and made sure all the memory and the
daughter card were seated. Still no go. I'm no newby. I've installed
several hard disks and memory modules in this and other powerbooks. I've
also tried to overclock this machine (without too much success it's
still at 266MHz).

I think I remember hearing about there being a problem with different
speed ram in the two slots. I'm pretty sure the upper slot is 100MHz
also from OWC. I've returned the moduel, but I suspect I'll get another
133 module when they send the replacement.

By the way when I put in the original 128 low profile module back in the
machine booted right up.

        Noah

P.S. Getting through to OWC's customer service takes anbout 45 minutes
of hold time.

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>