Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> Try updating to 10.2.1, a free update. Then, Apple did recently release a
> modem update that addresses exactly the problem you're describing. Try this
> and let us know how it turns out. Although I have installed 10.2 on the same
> computer that you have and never had any problem with the dock...

Already tried 10.2.1 and the modem update, and neither helped
unfortunately.

Joe Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What kind of install did you do?

Installed on the same internal hard drive where MacOS 9.1
is already installed, without erasing or partitioning the
drive first.  This is the first time I've tried installing
MacOS X (haven't tried pre-Jaguar versions 10.0 or 10.1).

Before installing I did a PowerBook firmware upgrade
to firmware version 4.1.8f5

   ---Brian Miller

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>