I believe you've inadvertently diagnosed your own problem.  If I remember
correctly, PRAM settings [including date and time] are stored in the battery
pack.  If you remove the battery, you have approximately 10 minutes to put
it back in or lose your settings.

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>