On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 02:43:03AM -0900, Geoffrey Loeffler wrote:
:
:       Mom has a year old iMac I gave her last xmas running  9.2, ! gig of
: memory and a 20 G HD, a SBC DSL connection, at 83 she is doing a heck
: of a job getting connected , surfing the curl and e-mailing.  So far we
: have worked things out over the phone talking through the e-mail
: programs, saving photos, etc, the easy stuff. Once she gets going she
: is OK . But at times it is a little difficult to understand what a
: gitchamagoo or a thingamagig is on her desktop from this end, ahh
: kids.., they just do not understand .
:
: Would like to get her scanning and setting up the family info in
: Appleworks and a few other programs.
:   I am in Alaska, she is in Ohio so can't just run over there to set
: things up.
:
: I have a Pismo and have 9.2 or 10.2, jag is my primary now, I also have
: a 6100 G3 8.6, all with only a dial up 28k connection, the price of
: paradise.
:
: Is there a way I could  connect to her computer over my connection and
: have complete access to her computer, desktop and files so I could run
: her computer from here and she watches and learns as I tell her what is
: happening and also watch what she does.

Timbuktu.  Hands down.  It's commercial-ware, but it works great.

Other folks may suggest some kind of VNC solution.  But for consumers,
most VNC software is not trivial to set up.  The savings in money is not
worth the hassle.

--
Eugene Lee
[EMAIL PROTECTED]