On 11/2/02 Hal put electrons to ether and said:

>This seems to be a pismo specific problem. I have a pismo (500) and an
>icebook (600/combo) and when the ibook is fully charges, it changes
>from the time (or calculating) to (Plugged In). It says calculating
>just for a few seconds

Must just be some Pismos (as in Jaguar, since I'm running 9.2.2), as my
(400 MHz, with 384MB RAM and stock 10GB drive) PB goes almost instantly
from the adapter to the charge remaining time on my control strip
readout. Don't recall that I've ever seen the "calculating" that you
folks are discussing. When I switch back from battery to the AC
adapter/charger, it takes a few minutes for the lightning bolt on the
battery icon in the menubar to go away and for the icon in the CSM to
switch from the lightning bolt'ed battery to the A/C adapter (inside of
7-10 min., I'd guess).

Jim Rohde

Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>