Well,  I feel silly now.  I just discovered that the
cord coming out of the power brick is starting to
break in half.  I fumbled with it some and taped it
together, which cured my problem.  Thanks for the
advice everyone, I'm going to pick up a replacement
adapter tomorrow.

<http://www.mail-archive.com/g-books%40mail.maclaunch.com/>