From: Jeff Szuhay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Wrote:

>>        I just installed Jaguar in my Wallstreet today and am faced
>> with
>> the problem that my Wallstreet is now reluctant to boot up using OS
>> 9.2.2.  The Jaguar is on the first 7 GB of my 25 GB hard drive, and OS
>> 9.2.2 on the second 7 GB.  Whenever I change the startup drive to the
>> partition with OS 9.2.2, the Wallstreet  insists on booting up using
>> Jaguar, this despite my trying to lock the second (OS 9.2.2) partition
>> as the startup drive.
>
> Hold down the "option" key as the system starts up. It will then search
> for all bootable drives, regardless of OS and give you the chance to
> choose which one to boot into.

Dear Jeff & Heok,

I, too, have experienced this problem, usually after an OS 9 or classic
crash.  Typically I will set my Pismo to startup on OS 9, but when
booting, shortly after the first "happy mac" it will RE-boot, and start
up in X.  This began happening after installing 10.1, and continues in
10.2.  The only solution for me was to do the following, in sequence:
(1) In X, open the "startup disk" panel of system preferences, and
choose the OS9 volume; (2) open the "classic" panel of system
preferences, and click the "advanced" tab; (3) click "rebuild desktop"
and wait while it rebuilds the desktop on the chosen startup disk; (4)
close the "system preferences" app and restart the Mac.    On at least
one occasion, after booting up 9 in this way, OS 9 proceeded to rebuild
the desktops again!  But all worked fine... until the next time when I
needed to repeat this rigamarole all over again.  This procedure is
what you have to do when you discover that holding down "option" during
startup doesn't give you the choice of booting from your OS 9 disk.

--Jim.

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>