Wallstreet PDQ with 320 ram OS X 1.5

I was typing on the WS when it let out a high pitch
noise ( I thought of 2001, A Space Odyssey) that
lasted as long as it took me to save and shut down.
Restarted and no problems. Several days ago heard a
noise like something was shorting out. It appears
something is about to blow. Only recent change was the
addition of a USB PC Card. I have had problems with
the left bay occasionally not making good contact with
the battery where if I bump the computer while it is
running on battery, it will shut down. Taking the
battery out and putting it back in allows it to
restart.

Other than aliens trying to contact me, has anybody
got any ideas?

I'm on digest so my responses may be slow.

Thanks
Ben

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>