on 12/11/02 23:04, Todd Ruch at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Is your pismo getting an ip address and gateway ip from the router?
> You may need to enter a static and gateway ip on your pismo manually.
> The IP on your computer will be different now, probably 192.168.0.100
> or something like that, and the router should have the ip that was
> formally used by your pismo.
>
> Todd
>

> On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 07:41 PM, george ruta wrote:
>
>> i decided to go wireless after reading the previous posts. my pismo
>> works
>> fine directly connected to earthlink cable modem. it talks to and
>> configures
>> the linksys router (befw11s4 ver 2), but i can't get to the internet
>> via the
>> router, even though the wan led is lit on the router. i tried both the
>> suggested automatic ip address and typing in the numbers manually. the
>> isp
>> says they don't support home networks, and i have not gotten through to
>> linksys. any ideas out there? thanks

I'm no network expert but from the message the original poster is
mentioning, it looks like Earthlink is able to tell that their servers are
talking to a router, hence the saying "they don't support home networks".
There must be something to do, but since I never faced that problem, I
really don't know...

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:laurent.daudelin@;verizon.net

careware /keir'weir/ n.: A variety of shareware for which either the author
suggests that some payment be made to a nominated charity or a levy directed
to charity is included on top of the distribution charge. Syn. charityware;
compare crippleware, sense 2.

Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:G-Books-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>