Someone once replied to a similar problem here. They said to remove your
RAM, blow out the slots with compressed air, then re-install. Let me know
if this helps, as I'll be seeing a friend this weekend who suffers from
the same problem using the same model ti-book.

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:04:45 +0100, "Laurence - SMT Tricept"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> I'm new to this list so this problem may already have been discussed, so
> you'll have to excuse the repetition of the question if that's the case.
>
> I have a 500MHz PowerBook G4 with two 256KB DIMMs installed.
>
> It gets very hot and I have noticed that it is prone to crashes and/or
> erratic behaviour when it it hot. Heat build up when I have a lot of
> programs running (pretty logical as the RAM is used more = more heat).
>
> I have even got a pair of erasors tilting the PB a little to allow
> airflow,
> but it is still a problem. I often have to switch it off to let it cool
> down, which isn't very good as I use it in work and that is most of the
> time.
>
> Also it seems to get hotter with the power connected.
>
> Any suggestions ???
>

> Laurence (Sweden)

>   --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
> Send list messages to:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Archive: <http://www.mail-archive.com/g-books%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

> >The Think Different Store
> http://www.ThinkDifferentStore.com

http://fastmail.fm - Or how I learned to stop worrying and