On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 10:49  PM,
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So I guess I need to look for an internal drive. Question though... if
> my
> ibook500 didnt come stock with a dvd drive is there still a good
> chance that
> it still has the decoder on the graphics card? and all I need to do is
> get a
> dvd-rom for it.?

my initial guess would be that it would, but that's only an educated
guess. from experience however, unless you've taken an iceBook apart
before, it's usually -WAY- more trouble than any upgrade is worth.
we're authorized to work on them, and I've taken several apart.... but
our preference is still to just send them all to Apple and let them do
it.