on 11/19/02 10:23 PM, Hal at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I've got a pismo powerbook that I've been using almost since they were
> introduced. I often run it closed, connected to external keyboard,
> mouse and monitors (I have this setup both at work and at home).
>
> I recently had it upgraded by powerlogix to a G4, and it's been having
> some overheating problems (getting unstable when I stress the processor
> and it fully heats up). It does this most often when running closed,
> but occasionally when open. Powerlogix is telling me that running the
> pismo closed it "discouraged by apple", even with the original G3 chip.
> Anyone else heard of this? I figured that if it's been working for
> almost 2 years, it must be OK. Heck, there's even a knowledge base
> article telling you how to do it...
>
> It's back at powerlogix for testing right now.
>
> any info is appreciated.
>
> -Hal

I almost solely use it with the lid closed even though I only have a G3/400.
It still get noticeably warm with normal use and gets a bit hotter when
playing DVDs even though I have one side propped up for better ventilation.
Do you have it elevated in any way to improve ventilation. Some people use a
cookie rack of approximately the same size to good effect, I've been told.

Jason