In a message dated 11/21/2002 9:11:35 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Well, while ripping my bartender's CDs to my Powerbook 550 I >spilled some beer on
>the keyboard. Tekserve has cleaned it up >and   must be replaced to the tune of over
>$600.
    ??  Are Powerbooks a lot more fragile than iBooks?  Or is beer really caustic?  I
dumped almost 16 ounces of diet Dr Pepper into the keyboard area of my iBook...I
picked it up, turned it over, and liquid poured out of the iBook for several minutes.
I unplugged it and turned it off, wiped it dry as best I could with paper towels and
Q-tips (lifted up they keyboard part).  Two hours later, I hit the power button  and
it started up normally.  No problems.
      Paula (okay, clumsy Paula)