Thomas Ethen writes:

>In my computer classes one of the first rules is "Do Not Have Any Liquid
>That Could Spill Near The Computers", which most people ignore when at home,
>but not in my lab! Any liquid spilled on a computer could destroy the entire
>computer, no matter what brand or type of computer it is.

We've lost both an Acer laptop and a WallStreet over the last two years
due to soft drink spills. I've also salvaged every single external
keyboard that someone has spilled on by unplugging it, rinsing it under
water, and letting it dry overnight. No such luck with laptops, though.

Good advice. Ditto for getting crumbs from your cookies inside the
keyboard.

--
Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.
 <http://cobwebpublishing.com> <http://lowendmac.com>

 Mediocrity thrives on standardization.