--- Jeremy Derr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> pico is -a- unix text editor. there are many others,
> several of which
> are included with OS X. emacs and vi are just a
> couple.
>
> being an avid pico user, 'command not found' doesn't
> sound like a pico
> error.
>
> once you open the Terminal, you have to type 'pico
> <filename>'
>
> you'll get a screen that starts with:
>     UW PICO(tm) 2.5                 New Buffer
>
> (it may say something else instead of 'New Buffer')
>
> the bottom shows:
> ^G Get Help  ^O WriteOut  ^R Read File ^Y Prev Pg
> ^K Cut Text  ^C Cur
> Pos
> ^X Exit      ^J Justify   ^W Where is  ^V Next Pg
> ^U UnCut Text^T To
> Spell
>
> ^W (that is, ctrl-w) invokes "Where is" and gives
> you a line just above
> the ^'s line that says:
> Search:
>
> this is where you need to type in "php" and hit
> return
>
> I'm not having a problem getting into Pico, it's
once I get there the problems begin. This is what I
have right now:
  UW PICO(tm)    File:httpd.conf        Modified

  I then do ^W(ctrl-W) to get the search line. After
this, I type in php and then hit enter. It then says
"php" not found. The message "php" not found is
directly above the menu with ^G Get Help ^O WriteOut
etc. Maybe you guys can tell me whats going on with
this. I'm thinking maybe a permissions issue or
incorrect directory.

Michael Richardson

<http://www.mail-archive.com/g-books%40mail.maclaunch.com/>