Dear Sean,

I personally feel that the best way to go is to reformat your HD if you
have a viable way to back up your information.  Then repartition with
the Disk Utility within the Installer (only accessible from the
"Welcome" screen before you start the installation process).

I too have a Wallstreet (250mhz, 1MB, 256MB RAM, etc.) and had an
initial difficult time installing an operating the OS.  My solution was
to backup my data, reformat/repartition my HD and build from scratch my
apps.  Luckily I had downloaded a copy of the 10.2.2 fix that solved my
modem's previous unresponsiveness.  I could tell you horror stories...

Anyway, so to make this short I'd be happy to assist you further as I
have other listers.  I also have a treasure trove of OS 9/Aqua/Jaguar
apps which I'd be happy to share a copy with you, if you'd like.

Cheers!

- John