I have a 333 Lombard (8.6) with the original 64mb memory & an additional 64MB
module . I bought a new 256mb 144 - Pin SODIMM 133mhz SDRAM to replace the
second module.  When I installed it all kinds of weird things happened:

1- I'm connected to a network via ethernet, and it would have apple share
error and the laptop would not start up.  And even weirder was that all the
type in the error message would be broken up.

2- Then when I disconnected the ethernet cable, it took longer to go through
the startup (extension icons) and would hesitate during the first few
extensions (apple share then ati grahics accelerator) it then would get to
the
desktop and just spin away.  The text in the top (file menu, date etc would
be all
broken up).  So I never got to the point to be able to check the system
profiler about
the memory.

3 - I zapped the pram with no change

Any suggestions why this is happening and all the broken text?  I think that
this is the right chip, I checked with a mac tech before buying it.  I put
the 64MB back in and it works fine.   From what I understand it should be
able to take a 256 chip. Do I have bad or wrong memory? Is their a way to
test it?  Thanks in advance for your reply.

Linda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]