on 07/12/02 15:35, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have a 3 year old I Book and installed Appleworks 6 a year or more ago. All
> of a sudden, I am finding it is taking 3 to 5 seconds for
> a letter to appear while I am word processing ; in addition, it is taking 30
> seconds or more for the  Appleworks program to activate, after I open it. It
> is almost like it is 'frozen.'  I have reinstalled both OS 9 and Appleworks
> several times, but this has not fixed the  problem.
> Has any one had this happen? What is the cause? How can I fix it?

When reinstalling OS 9, did you do it from scratch or did you reinstall over
the current installation? Did you reinstall any non-Apple extensions after
reinstalling the OS or did you keep it clean? After reinstallation, did you
restore any saved preferences that you had for AppleWorks?

If you answer yes, no and yes, then I would suggest you restart with the
shift key down to boot without loading any extension. Then, go to the
Preferences folder in the System Folder and remove any AppleWorks-related
file or folder there. In the System Folder, check to see if there would be
an AppleWorks-related folder.

Let us know how it goes...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

field servoid [play on `android'] /fee'ld ser'voyd/ n.: Representative of a
field service organization (see field circus). This has many of the
implications of droid.