on 07/12/02 16:20, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Laurent,
> Thanks. When I reinstalled OS 9 I reinstalled over the current installation.
> To my knowledge, I didn't reinstall any non-Appleworks extensions. Also,
> don't recall installing
> any saved preferences.
> Given this, what would you suggest?

Well, if you did reinstall over your previous installation, whatever caused
the problem is probably still there, whether it is a corrupted preference
file or a conflicting extension. If it was me, I would reinstall OS 9 but I
would make sure to do a clean install. I don't remember exactly, but I think
there is an option in the installation process where you have the ability to
select a clean installation. Your previous system folder is still there, but
it's inactive. That way, you can test after a clean install and then, bring
back any preference file you might need, with careful checking after each
file you bring back from your old system folder. That's what I do when I
need to do an OS install.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

BUAG // n.: [abbreviation, from alt.fan.warlord] Big Ugly ASCII Graphic.
Pejorative term for ugly ASCII art, especially as found in sig blocks. For
some reason, mutations of the head of Bart Simpson are particularly common
in the least imaginative sig blocks. See warlording.