I have just joined the list and Norm wrote about my problem. I am trying to
find out if other people have had trouble with the screen. Mine is
flickering and I have been told that
it might need a cable fix. The 13 1/2 inch cable in the cover becomes loose,
or even severed due to a bad case design. Some have even had it fixed by
apple, out of warrantee free of charge.

Has anyone else dealt with this. I haven't called apple yet. The nearest
place to repair apple products has sent things back in worse shape than they
were sent in, so mine is not going there. Any suggestions before I call
Apple?

Laurie
in Canada

I have a Wallstreet PDQ and about 6 months ago I spilled about a
teaspoon of water on the keyboard and it put everything to sleep.
After doing probably everything you mentioned with no help. I called
Apple and paid the $350.00 plus
and sent it to them. They not only repaired the keyboard, but
replaced the screen and the hinges(a Wallstreet problem). Maybe you
should call them.
Norm Kamp