On 12/12/02 17:02, "Jon Glass" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> on 12/12/02 8:07 PM, John Slavin at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Doesn't work.  Is there something I'm
>> missing, or is this another case of a port that doesn't work on a
>> wallstreet with OSX.
>
> I can think of a couple of possibilities that may allow it to work.
>
> 1. Make sure that the PB is asleep or off, and turn on the TV before waking
> or rebooting. This has to be done in order for the PB to sense that there is
> something on the port and to sense what kind of signal to send.
> 2. If you see the TV show up on the control strip, the problem may be that

There is no control strip in OS X...

I think there is enough memory because I was able to play DVD using my
Wallstreet in an older version of OS X. You might want to lower the
resolution to 800 x 600 before putting the laptop to sleep, then connect the
video destination, make sure, as Jon mentions, that it's open, then wake up
the Wallstreet.

-Laurent.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   Washington, DC, USA
casting the runes n.: What a guru does when you ask him or her to run a
particular program and type at it because it never works for anyone else;
esp. used when nobody can ever see what the guru is doing different from
what J. Random Luser does. Compare incantation, runes, examining the
entrails; also see the AI koan about Tom Knight in "Some AI Koans" (Appendix
A).