on 15/12/02 23:13, Mike Barnes at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 10:52, Donald Keenan wrote:
>> Now, getting OTish,  Software Update asks me daily (per my settings)
>> whether I want to install language software updates. I'll be computing
>> away and I'll hear the grinding that precedes the Updater icon
>> appearance. if i decide that I never want to install support for Chinese
>> (no offense), is there no way not to be asked if I want it everytime the
>> Updater alerts me to new updates?
>
> In the Software Update application, highlight the update you never want
> to see again and select "Make Inactive" from the Update menu. You'll
> never be offered it again. You can review the updates you've done this
> to by selecting (strangely enough) "Show Inactive Updates" from the same
> place.

It's maybe a language thing, since English is not my native language, but
why are you saying "strangely enough"?

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

careware /keir'weir/ n.: A variety of shareware for which either the author
suggests that some payment be made to a nominated charity or a levy directed
to charity is included on top of the distribution charge. Syn. charityware;
compare crippleware, sense 2.