"Steve Fuller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>I am interested in the Powerlogix upgrade as well, but it seems that the
>pricing on them is locked in right at $400 or so. Any deals to be had out
>there on these, or is that the going rate no matter where you purchase?

I assume you meant $300, as the current price (as per the Powerlogix web
site) is $299.00, which is virtually the same as Newer's price.

The price isn't bad, compared to what you'd pay for any other 500 MHz G4
(a ZIF, for example) and considering the labor and shipping involved.  My
only complaint is that it's not enough of a speed bump.  I can't really
justify upgrading my 500 MHz G3 to a 500 MHz G4.  Hopefully they'll have
some 800 MHz or even 1GHz Pismo upgrades available soon (the new G4 chips
are supposed to use a lot less power, hence less heat generation which is
often the limiting factor for processor speed in laptops).

-Jeff    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
"You can't brew a premium lager with a kool-aid mentality."  --Harold Green in
_The_Red_Green_Show_