On 19/12/02 14:57, "Catalyst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> on 16/12/02 20:02, The Weaze at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, I have a pismo running osX.  If I put the pismo to sleep or
>>> close the lid when the power adapter is not in, it will not wake from
>>> sleep.  If the power adapter is in it works fine.  although I have to
>>> press the space bar for it to wake instead of it just waking up when I
>>> raise the lid. Please help.
>>
>> So, what's happening when the power adapter is not in? Do you have to
>> force
>> a restart? If so, I would think your battery is toasted or the
>> contacts to
>> the battery aren't good anymore. How many LEDs lit when you press the
>> charge
>> button on the battery? Can you see if the battery takes a charge after
>> running on it for a little while? When charging, the battery's LEDs
>> should
>> come up. Do you have the problem in 9 as well or just OS X?
>>
>> -Laurent.
>
> if i plug the power adapter back in the problem seems to correct
> itself.  If not I have to take out the battery AND unplug the pram
> battery put the battery back in and start it up.  The battery is fully
> charged.  I have been running just the batter now for about an hour.
> The leds work.  The problem is in both OS's.

Did you try resetting the power manager?

-Laurent.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   Washington, DC, USA
benchmark n.: [techspeak] An inaccurate measure of computer performance. "In
the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and
benchmarks." Well-known ones include Whetstone, Dhrystone, Rhealstone (see
h), the Gabriel LISP benchmarks (see gabriel), the SPECmark suite, and
LINPACK. See also machoflops, MIPS, smoke and mirrors.