On 12/24/02 10:07 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into
the Cybertrough:

> You've gotta be kidding?  My pismo is bulletproof, ti-books are way too
> fragile, ask anyone who own's one. If moving forward means introducing a
> more fragile product that when first released, had overheating problems.
> I have heard more than one horror story from ti-book owners regarding
> hinge replacements that cost $1600 USD for a tiny piece of plastic. Why
> call it titanium?  And as far as "Hardcore PC users" revering it as the
> most beautiful laptop design on the market, that and your reference to
> such a beautiful large screen that I often catch people looking over my
> shoulder at it in public places, get a grip.

I will not "get a grip" at all, maybe you should take some of your own
advice.  I own a Pismo 500, a Wallstreet, a 1400, a 3400, an iBook SE/466, a
bunch of older Powerbooks and even an Outbound.  I *love* my Tibook.  My
Pismo on the other hand is bulky and heavy.  It is no more durable than a
Tibook.  TiBooks just *feel* more delicate.  They are very durable.  I had a
client slam his Tibook in a desk drawer and it just dented the lid.  Screen
is functioning perfectly.  It was the Pismo and Lombard lines that had the
bad hinges.  I have never heard of  TiBook overheating.  They get hot on the
bottom, but that is *not* overheating.  They function fine.  I feel that the
Tibook is the most beautiful laptop that Apple has ever released.  I like
the 2400's too, but the TiBook.... Wow.
Kyle H. Hansen
Apple Certified Technician
Apple Solution Expert