Hi:

Hoping someone has been down this route ...

I have the following hardware setup ... Titanium 667 Powerbook running
OS 10.2.3
Asante FriendlyNET AeroLAN PDMCIA Card - AL1011
Asante FriendlyNET Wireless Rounter - FR3202AL-1PCM

I can printer when hooked up via ethernet to an Apple Laser Select 360,
but when I try wireless it won't go through.  The error messages I get
are that "printer isn't responding" or that "appletalk isn't active".

I've worked with both Apple and Asante in the past and they did a
pretty good job of pointing the finger at each other.

However, after waiting several months I called Apple back and a rep.
was very friendly and helpful in troubleshooting what might be going
on.  After going through a number of troubleshooting procedures we
believe we are on to something.  He thinks that these two ports aren't
open (or at least one of them isn't open).  Port# 548 and port# 427.
He thinks that the Appletalk signal is being sent out to the printer,
but the powerbook isn't being replied to by the printer because of a
blocked port.

Has anybody went through the process of "unblocking a port" or at least
checking to see if one or the other is closed?

Although I was real comfortable with tinkering around OS 9, some of the
OS X stuff has me at a loss ... would appreciate assistance from anyone
familiar with this.

Happy Holidays!

Bryan Forbes - Business Education
Blue Ridge School District #18
Bellflower/Farmer City/Mansfield, IL
Macintosh is to Windows as Dvorak is to Qwerty ...