> That's not entirely true either. I had a 2400c that worked worked with
> cardbus cards out of the box. I guess I got one of the later ones. It
> worked with a firewire card and a Wavelan card (with airport drivers).

That does kinda make sense, because the 2400c was sold until 1998 (when
the Wallstreet was also being sold). Also, I heard that the reason
people have been able to get 3400s to work with Cardbus is because the
chipset actually supports cardbus, but Apple put a lock in to prevent
it (and they also put a non-cardbus compliant cage). However, I
wouldn't be surprised if yours was either enabled by default or had a
defect that causes it to work.

That is kinda interesting.