> Just the usual ones - get good reliable SODIMM's, and keep your Pismo
> plugged in when swapping the battery (the 1GB RAM load is too much for
> the backup batter, so you'd lose your PRAM settings - or whatever
> they're
> called now)

I don't see this with 768MB and a buddy of mine does not see this with
1GB installed ... Anyone know a way to dig into this more?

> It would appear that your main concern would be physical size to fit,
> and I believe stay at the
> 5400 RPM or below for drive speed. IIRC, the 7200 drives create too
> much heat.

Who makes 7200rpm drives for notebooks? I have never seen a 2.5" drive
over 5400rpm ... I know IBM is talking about doing it in the future but
I don't think there are any right now. Oh and I believe the Pismo will
take either 12.5mm high or 9mm high drives [iBooks only take 9mm high].

David