On 1/1/2003 10:31 AM Pete Gregory at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

<snip>
>Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm one of those very few ;-)
>people who is contemplating upgrading the faithful pismo -
>currently with 384Mb Ram and 20Gb hard disk running OS 9.2.2
>Jaguar is tempting because it might make some things easier - especially
>networking to the linux box  but not a big deal.  Before
>even thinking of OSX, though, I suspect RAM and possibly disk upgrades are
>de rigour.
</snip>

I'm running Jaguar nicely on my Pismo w/384MB RAM and a 30GB HD. Any ATA
drive volume (what's the biggest these days, 60GB?) of right dimension
(if memory serves, a 12mm 2.5" max.) will fit the Pismo, and apparently
you can put in the larger RAM and it just works. That's my next upgrade,
a 512 chip!

<snip>
>One minor niggle is on the PC (and ones I've used since the mid 90's), you
>could tap on the trackpad to mouse click - do the newer
>iBooks/PowerBooks support this?
</snip>

That's the way I've always used a PowerBook. I used to have a PB 190cs
with the "smart trackpad" that allowed tapping. All the modern PBs allow
this, it just has to be set up in the pertinent control panel and in the
case of OSX, in System Prefs.

Turtle-Bear