I am new to the forum so please forgive me if this has been covered before.

I am running a PowerBook Lombard and have OS X sitting in a box on the floor
waiting to be installed. I am trying to decide on the best way to set up my
system to use OS X. There are three possibilities.

1. Add OS X to the existing hard drive and leave OS 9.2 on it.

2. Partition the existing drive and use one volume for each OS.

3. Use my external hard drive for all of my OS 9.2 stuff and all of my data
files and put the OS X system and all of it s applications on the internal
dirve.

So the question is, which of the above solutions is the better way to go?

Thanks for your help.

Larrie