On 1/6/2003, Dave enlightened us by writing:

>Password protection left back in 9.1, I think. In Jag you use
>"Accounts" and you, as the owner, set wether you want a password on
>each startup or not. The caveat is that if you partition a OS9 boot
>partition, while seemingly offering better protection, actually makes
>you more vulnerable to workarounds.
>
>For now, it seems like you'd get okay protection from using the
>"Accounts" prefs and  demanding a password.

Can't add anything for under Jaguar (waiting for the money to upgrade and
then buy that), but passwords are indeed available under 9.2.2 (and I
think, under 9.1 as well) using the Multiple Users control panel (because
I am running my Pismo with a password using Login on my Pismo - Login is
the sign-in screen you get when you set up Multiple Users to use
passwords, or even the dubiously useful voice verification).

Jim Rohde

"The greatest mistake you can make
 is to be continually fearing you will make one."
          - Elbert Hubbard