On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 03:49  PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>  AFAIK, you have to log out each
>> time which is kind of a PIA. It was so nice to be able to forget about
>> my 'Book, walk away and know that someone couldn't disturb or casually
>> glance at my work.
>
> Set up a screen saver with a hot spot, and in the appropriate tab in
> the
> screen saver panels, select the 'require password'  checkbox. Then you
> can activate the screensaver at will, and it requires you to use a
> password to get back.

Yes, thanks for the suggestions, Jim and Bruce, but that's not what I
had in mind. I may be unreasonable in my fear, but I always sleep my
machines when idle very quickly and screen sleep even faster. The idea
of running a screen saver on my 'Books makes me shudder, although the
new ones in Jaguar are really spectacular.

dave