>>I got the student edition of MS Office for OSX, and when I tried to
>>start Entourage up it said I had used up my allotted installations.
>>I only installed Office once, and then tried to USE Entourage (since
>>it can do Japanese).  If this were 9.x or prior, I could just mess
>>around in the MS preferences folder and do a deletion, but I haven't
>>gotten up to speed on the guts of OSX.  Anyone have the Student
>>Edition (practically free for university students) for OSX, and know
>>which of the prefs files to dump? ... or where this kind of
>>"lock-out" data would reside in OSX?
>
>I would start looking in Home/Library/Preferences (where Home is your
>Home folder) ie Drive/Users/jonathan . . . if the user is Jonathan.
>Look for some files like 'com.microsoft.Entourage.plist'. I've
>deleted these for other applications without any drama. I'm sure
>somebody else knows more than me.
>--
>Roger Shufflebottom

<snip>

>I seem to recall seeing a file named "Office Registration" or something like
>that, that was invisible. I don't remember where, however. You might want to
>do a search on your disk. Make sure that you add the 'visibility' attribute
>to the search and set it to 'All'.
>
>-Laurent.

Thank you Roger and Laurent.  I did find files like that prior to
sending the original note, but didn't know which was my target
(though trial and error would have found it sooner or later).

Strangely enough, my reason for using Entourage disappeared when my
wife figured out her mistake (on the machine on which I had loaded
the Japanese OSX for her) -- she had mis-written her friend's email
address.  I couldn't figure out why OSX's Mail wasn't sending out her
email (after a couple hours of messing around, dl'ing Eudora [which I
forgot does NOT do unicode], etc.), while she translated the error
messages as best she could.  Some of those translations were
priceless!  :)

Additionally, Entourage magically decided to start working,
independent of any monkey business on my part, JUST in time for me to
not have to use it after all!  WHew!
Thanks again.

-jra
You can take the boy out of Green Bay, but you can't take the Green
Bay out of the boy.