On 1/27/2003, Hubert enlightened us by writing:

> As much as I remember this terrible desaster it was caused by
>weak sealings on parts of the different parts of the rocket(s)
>they used...

So far as that goes, yes, *but* the reason the seals (O-ring) failed was
because the temperatures that night before were too cold (and yet certain
NASA officials made the decision to risk the lives of the astronauts in
spite of warnings that the seals might not be safe and could fail). I had
the (mis?)fortune of being off work that day and saw it live.

Jim Rohde