On 31/01/03 12:35, "Joe Ellis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The Pismo has 2 different cards that relate to it's power management system;
> one is the sound card where the plug for the power adapter is located (other
> power control stuff?) and a second board called the power board that
> controls battery charging and is tied to the latch for the lid. One of these
> cards controls the sleep function; at least it controls how the hardware
> should respond to sleep/wake commands. I believe I have eliminated just
> about every software related cause of my non-sleeping Pismo so I am
> considering replacing the suspect card but I want to determine which card I
> should swap out. Anyone had experience in this area? Anyone know where I can
> locate a technical manual for the Pismo? A real one, not just the one that
> shows the ports.

I don't know how well it can relates to your problem, but back when I was
using a Wallstreet, it started developing a strange problem as it would
charge the battery and then, all of a sudden, it would declare the battery
as being fully charged, which it wasn't. After sending it to PowerBook
parts, the power management board had to be replaced. Please, be aware that
I'm not saying or implying that this is the part you have to replace, but in
my case, with the Wallstreet, that was it...

-Laurent.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   Washington, DC, USA
frag n.,v.: [from Vietnam-era U.S. military slang via the games Doom and
Quake] 1. To kill another player's avatar in a multiuser game. "I hold the
office Quake record with 40 frags." 2. To completely ruin something. "Forget
that power supply, the lightning strike fragged it. See also gib.