----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurent Daudelin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "G-Books" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: Pismo Sleep Problem

> On 31/01/03 12:35, "Joe Ellis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > The Pismo has 2 different cards that relate to it's power management
system;
> > one is the sound card where the plug for the power adapter is located
(other
> > power control stuff?) and a second board called the power board that
> > controls battery charging and is tied to the latch for the lid. One of
these
> > cards controls the sleep function; at least it controls how the hardware
> > should respond to sleep/wake commands. I believe I have eliminated just
> > about every software related cause of my non-sleeping Pismo so I am
> > considering replacing the suspect card but I want to determine which
card I
> > should swap out. Anyone had experience in this area? Anyone know where I
can
> > locate a technical manual for the Pismo? A real one, not just the one
that
> > shows the ports.
>
> I don't know how well it can relates to your problem, but back when I was
> using a Wallstreet, it started developing a strange problem as it would
> charge the battery and then, all of a sudden, it would declare the battery
> as being fully charged, which it wasn't. After sending it to PowerBook
> parts, the power management board had to be replaced. Please, be aware
that
> I'm not saying or implying that this is the part you have to replace, but
in
> my case, with the Wallstreet, that was it...
>
> -Laurent.
> --
Thanks Laurent,

As I research this I'm finding there is a significant difference between the
Pismo and Wallstreet as far as the Power Management is concerned. With the
2000 Pismo, they started using a different IC called a "PMU99" and this is
the chip that controls all the sleep functions, what I am trying to
determine just now is which card inside the the Pismo has that chip on it. I
guess I'm going to have to further disassemble my machine to verify it's
location. Since it's already partly there while waiting for my G4 upgrade.
So far I haven't found a manual that actually shows it's location. The one
in the Apple developer area has a block diagram showing the chip but nothing
with it's real location.

Joe Ellis