On 2/4/03 5:06 PM, "Sue Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:

> try this, Mike.    http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/manuals.html

As has been stated before posting links to the Apple Service manuals is not
allowed on LEM lists.  You could get LEM into a heap of trouble by doing so.
I posted yesterday with a warning about doing so.  What part of that was so
hard to understand?

We take this stance because of the history that Apple has demonstrated with
their tenacious legal actions against people who post those manuals online.
It used to be that people would just post links to Apple's own ftp sites.
Apple recently securely modified their ftp access because of all the
unauthorized log-ins. Gamba's site now bounces out of the country to a site
that Apple would have a more difficult time pursuing.  Apple monitors many
world wide web mailing lists looking for posted links like this so that they
can go after the sites and legally and shut them down.  I know this because
a fellow tech friend of mine (a member of the infamous 8500 list) used to
serve them out of his home and had "scary people in a black unmarked Chevy
blazer with badges" show up at his house and serve him with a federal "cease
and desist order."  It is not a joke.

So please...do not post any links to the manuals on any LEM lists in the
future.  I can not, however, tell you what you can or can not send in a
private e-mail... ;-)
Kyle H. Hansen
Apple Certified Technician
Apple Solution Expert