>In less than 12 hours after she first got it, I managed to render my
>girlfriend's brand new AlBook into a sleek,  aluminum Mactop-shaped
>paperweight. Everything's fine now though. It started when my
>girlfriend saw the cute little Hexley boot image I had on the Pismo. I
>then pointed her to the Resexcellence site to check out the tons of
>boot images to choose from. She chose one and installed it using
>MacBoot. She said something about it complaining about the file size
>but clicked on the button to install it anyway. I told her not to worry
>too much about it because if anything went wrong we'd just boot the
>Restore disk and all would be well.... not!!!

So let me get this straight Seth.

Your bitching that you couldn't boot from the restore DVD after
your GF screwed up the system with a HACK!

How is this Apples fault????

--
Aloha, Ken

I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by
reorganizing, and what a wonderful method it can be  for creating the
illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and
demoralization. -- Petronius