Hi,

   I recently read the following:

    "The problem with simply trashing a file is that the information previously stored
in the trashed file is still physically located on your disk until another file
happens to overwrite that information. Simply trashing a file may allow someone to
obtain information that you thought you had removed."

"......While a file is shredded, the information is purposely overwritten with
selected bit patterns before being removed from your disk. This ensures there is no
way to undelete or recover shredded files."

     Safeshred version 2.0

I assume shredding is much better for personal and operating system health reasons?
When it says that the trashed file is still physically located on your disk until
another file overwrites it, does that mean that the original file then becomes deleted
forever when it is written over? How can I tell if a certain file has been
overwritten? Can I permanently delete a file without using a product like Safeshred?

I hope I am making some sense here.
Sorry for all the questions, but any help would be appreciated :-)

--